South Cheshire and Vale Royal Maternity Voices Partnership Launch
What is Maternity Voices?
A Maternity Voices Partnership (MVP) is an independent team made up mainly of women and their families; commissioners (people who plan, buy and monitor services); and providers (people who deliver services such as midwives and doctors).
A Maternity Voices Partnership provides a way for this team of people to come together to design and improve maternity care together. All these different people work together to share ideas and look at ways that they can all have a part to play in the improvement of maternity care.
It is really important to hear women’s voices to help shape the way that the NHS locally designs their services to make sure services work for all women and their families.
The basic principles of the Maternity Voices Partnership are:
- To work together, creatively, with respect, to develop solutions.
- To work together as equals and to listen to and seek out the voices of all women, families and carers using maternity services, making sure everyone in our local community has an opportunity to share their stories
- To use personal experiences to make a difference
- To understand the importance of staff experiences and how that impacts on experiences for women, families and carers.
All women in the South Cheshire and Vale Royal areas (and their partners and families) are able to participate in an MVP either by giving feedback to it or by becoming an active member.
Our local Maternity Voices Partnership
A Maternity Voices Partnership specifically for the South Cheshire and Vale Royal area is about to be launched. The aim is to use the partnership as an opportunity to work with women and families as well as staff working in or with maternity services to help them have a say in local maternity services and to share their experiences and feedback.
The very first Maternity Voices Partnership event is being held soon! If you have experience of maternity services locally within the last three years then they would be delighted to see you.
For more information take a look at the flyer below
- When: Friday 23 November
- Where: Hope Church, Derrington Avenue, Crewe, CW2 7JB
- What time: 10am – 12 noon
- Want to know more? Please contact Laura Stokes on firstname.lastname@example.org
After this launch event the partnerhsip plan to hold meetings on a quarterly basis.